Protecting your possessions – special insurance

What would happen if your house was damaged in a storm, flood or fire; you were burgled; or a tile fell off your roof and injured a passer-by? Do you have the right level of cover?

What about your personal belongings or pets – are they covered?

There is insurance to protect your home inside and out as well as to protect your possessions.

As with all insurance, it's important that you:

• give the full facts;

• read the policy summary to check what's covered and what isn't;

• shop around to get the best deal for you; and

• always compare what's covered by a policy, not just the price.

Some might be cheaper than others, but they may not offer the same level of protection.

You can choose from the following:

• Buildings insurance

• Contents insurance

• Motor insurance

• Pet insurance

• Flood damage claim options

In the next few articles, let's discuss how you can go about considering and taking these special types of insurance schemes to protect your posessions.

Link to previous article Travel Insurance


No comments: