Norwich Union Motorcycle Insurance FAQ

abcd
The most common motorbike insurance questions answered.

Your Questions


1. Can I have more than one motorcycle on my Norwich Union Direct policy?
2. Why can't I find my motorcycle's make & model?
3. Can I ride my bike abroad on my policy?
4. Do I need "Business Use" to ride to work?
5. Can I pay monthly with Norwich Union Direct?
6. Are my helmet and leathers covered on this policy?
7. Which security devices can help to reduce my motorbike insurance premium?
8. Do I need to report any car accidents when obtaining my motorcycle quotation?

Answers from Norwich Union

1. Can I have more than one motorcycle on my Norwich Union Direct policy?


You can insure more than one motorcycle through Norwich Union Direct. You need to take out a different motorbike insurance policy for each vehicle. If you choose to do this, you get an extra 5% off the price of the additional policies.
You can name up to 4 riders on each policy. Please check your quote for any excesses which may apply.

2. Why can't I find my motorcycle's make & model?

If you cannot find your motorcycle's make and model details, please contact Norwich Union team on 0800 092 9561†.who will be happy to help you.

3. Can I ride my bike abroad on my policy?

You are automatically covered to ride in any European Union countries, to the minimum level of insurance required (usually the equivalent of UK Third Party Only). You can upgrade this cover to match your UK cover whilst riding abroad.
Foreign Use cover is valid for up to 90 days in any one trip, to a maximum of 6 months in any one insurance period. You can also select European Breakdown cover (provided by the RAC), and includes breakdown cover, emergency services and other additional benefits whilst travelling abroad.

4. Do I need "Business Use" to ride to work?

No; under our motorcycle insurance policy you can ride your bike back and forth to the same place of work using Social, Domestic, Pleasure & Commuting cover.
If you need to use your bike to visit any other sites of business during the working day, Norwich Union can increase your cover. Norwich Union will not, hoNorwich Unionver, cover any goods or samples carried in connection with business use, e.g. courier or delivery services.
If you are a courier and need a motorcycle insurance policy, please contact our call centre on 0800 092 9561†.

5. Can I pay monthly with Norwich Union Direct?

Yes you can, our usual terms and conditions will apply.

6. Are my helmet and leathers covered on this policy?

Unfortunately Norwich Union are unable to cover your protective clothing and helmet on your motorbike insurance policy, although your household insurance policy may cover these items.

7. Which security devices can help to reduce my motorbike insurance premium?

Norwich Union recognises some manufacturer-fitted devices which were fitted at the time your motorcycle was built.
You can confirm whether this applies to your device by checking your motorcycle's specification document for a manufacturer's approved certificate.

8. Do I need to report any car accidents when obtaining my motorcycle quotation?

Any car accidents are considered separate from your motorcycle policy, and therefore do not affect your .motorcycle policy. However, any motoring convictions do need to be reported by calling Norwich Union team on 0800 092 9561

Link to previous article Norwich Union Motorcycle Insurance

abcd

No comments: