DirectLine Business Tradesman Insurance FAQ

abcd
Q: What if I don't have an email address?
Q: How long is a quote valid for?
Q: How far in advance can I get a quote?
Q: What if I don't know the date of my claim?
Q: What if I don't know the amount of my claim?
Q: What if the cause of my claim is not there?
Q: How many claims can I have?
Q: What are the exclusions on this policy?
Q: What are the standard excesses?
Q: Do you accept cheques or cash?
Q: What does public liability cover?
Q: What does employer's liability cover?
Q: What if I haven't got a business name?
Q: I'm not a Tradesman, can I insure with Direct Line for Business?
Q: Can you cover my van under the tradesman policy?
Q: What if my trade is not on the list?
Q: What do I do if I have multiple trades?
Q: How many trades can I have on this policy?
Q: What do I do if I have more than three trades?
Q: What is the maximum number of people I can cover for manual work?
Q: What is the maximum number of people I can cover for clerical work?
Q: What covers are available under this product?
Q: If I select the tools section will they be covered in the van overnight?
Q: Under what circumstances will my premium in year 2 be the same as year 1?
Q: What would be a material change to my risk?


What if I don't have an email address?
You will need to enter a valid email address to obtain a quote. If you do not have an email address you can still obtain a quote and buy a policy by calling us on 0845 303 1756. Calls may be recorded.

How long is a quote valid for?
Your quote will be valid for 30 days from the day you receive it.

How far in advance can I get a quote?
You can get a quote up to 30 days in advance.

What if I don't know the date of my claim?
If you are unsure of the date of your claim(s) please contact your current or previous insurance provider to find out. Alternatively you can enter an approximate date and then contact us on 0845 303 1760 to amend your claims details with the correct information. Calls may be recorded.

What if I don't know the amount of my claim?
If you are unsure what the amount of your claim(s) is please contact your current or previous insurance provider to find out. Alternatively you can enter an approximate cost and then contact us on 0845 303 1760 to amend your claims details with the correct information. Calls may be recorded.

What if the cause of my claim is not there?
If you can not find the cause of you claim from the list provided, please contact us on 0845 303 1756 for help. Calls may be recorded.

How many claims can I have?
You can provide us with up to four claims within the last 3 years. In the majority of cases we will be able to help, but our ability to provide a quote will depend on the information you supply. Unfortunately, if you have more than four claims we will not be able offer a quote

What are the exclusions on this policy?
Please refer to the policy summary document where we detail the general exclusions. For more details please refer to your policy wording or call our customer services department on 0845 303 1756. Calls may be recorded.

What are the standard excesses?
Your individual excesses will be found in the 'Your Summary' page when you have completed the quote details or alternatively please call us on 0845 303 1756. Calls may be recorded.

Do you accept cheques or cash?
No, we only accept payments by direct debit and credit/debit cards. Cards that are accepted are MasterCard, Visa Electron, Visa, Maestro and Solo card.

What does public liability cover?
This provides protection against your legal liability for death or bodily injury (other than to an employee) and / or loss or damage to third party property arising out of the operation of your business.

What does employer's liability cover?
This protects you against claims for compensation from employees following injury for which you are legally liable

What if I haven't got a business name?
If you do not have a business name then please enter your full name instead.

I'm not a Tradesman, can I insure with Direct Line for Business?
We only provide insurance solutions for Tradesmen, Residential Properties and Vans at present. We are in the process of developing some additional products.

Your Business


Can you cover my van under the tradesman policy?
Unfortunately your van is not covered under the tradesman policy but Direct Line does offer van insurance as a separate product. If you would like to get a quote you can do this online or call us on 0845 303 1756. Calls may be recorded.

What if my trade is not on the list?
If you can not find your exact trade, or one that best matches what you do, on the list provided please call us on 0845 303 1756. Calls may be recorded.

What do I do if I have multiple trades?
You have the option to input up to three trades so that we can fully understand your business. If you need some help selecting the right trade or you have more than 3 trades under one policy please call us on 0845 303 1756. Calls may be recorded.

How many trades can I have on this policy?
You can select up to a maximum of 3 trades on your policy.

What do I do if I have more than three trades?
If you need to add more than three trades under your policy please call us on 0845 303 1756. Calls may be recorded.

What is the maximum number of people I can cover for manual work?
You can have up to a maximum of 10 people covered for manual work under your policy.

What is the maximum number of people I can cover for clerical work?
You can have up to a maximum of 10 people covered for clerical work under your policy.

What covers are available under this product?
Our policy provides the following as standard:
• Public Liability
You can also insure:
• Employers Liability
• Tools

If I select the tools section will they be covered in the van overnight?
Only if your van is in a locked building or compound. Please refer to the policy wording for full details.

Under what circumstances will my premium in year 2 be the same as year 1?
The premium will be fixed for two years if there is no material change in your risk.

What would be a material change to my risk?
Some examples of materials changes to your risk are if you hire more employees, make changes or additions to your trade, or add extra covers to your policy.
Link to previous articles:
Direct Line Business Insurance: Overview
Directline Life Insurance: Level of Cover you need
Directline Life Insurance: Tips and Advice
Directline Life Insurance: Get Life insurance cover
Directline Life Insurance: How much cover do you need?
Direct Line Life Insurance: Types of Covers
abcd

No comments: